If you’re in search of adding something to your morning routines that is sure to give you more energy, kick start your day & keep you fuller for longer, then a sprinkle of this dust is the answer you’ve been searching for. It is super easy to do, packed full of protein, nutrients, nuts & oats, plus it has the added bonus of being rather delicious – yay!
- Servings – Fills approx. 1kg container, to last about a month
- Prep Time – 5 mins
- Total Time – 15 mins
- 250gms / Nuts – Almonds (washed/activated), Brazil Nuts, Walnuts, Pine Nuts, Hazelnuts, Macadamia Nut (a premixed bag is fine to use)
- 100gms / Seeds – Sesame, Chia, Sunflower (a premixed bag is fine to use)
- 250gms / Dried Fruit (personally, I don’t enjoy Sultanta’s, so they’re out for me)
- 1 kg / Steel Cut Oats (porridge oats are fine)
- 1 Tbs / Powered/Ground Cocoa
- 1 Tbs / Ground Coffee
- 1 Tbs / Ground Cinnamon
Utensils / Equipment
- Baking tray (with baking paper to aid in the clean up process if you wish)
- Food processor
- Glass jar or storage container (old jam jars, or coffee jars are great too!)
- Have a baking tray ready to go, lined with baking paper.
- Fill baking tray with your nuts, seeds and oats and bake at 180 degrees for about 10-15minutes. Leave to cool.
- Combine all ingredients in to your food processor and allow mixture to break down until it starts to look like a small dry powder (as seen in image).
- That’s it! Fill your containers and keep in a cool, dry area.
Enjoy in smoothies, or over a smoothie bowl, yoghurt, toast (it’s yummy sprinkled over Almond Butter too!) and whatever other creative way you have your breakfast.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!